Monday, December 8, 2014

The Writer

I started writing essays from Class 6th since that was the only competitive thing to do then.I had a terrible stage fright and would get tense on speaking something which was written somewhere and not what I had thought of.I wrote a terrible essay with a superlative bad handwriting in Hindi back then on our freedom movement.

In class 7th, I won a prize for writing something on Energy conservation and from then I started taking writing as a serious form to express myself.One of the best essays that I would have written was on the role of education in class XIth with an awesome handwriting in Hindi.Essay writing also helped in improving my self confidence in speaking as well as Quizzes in the small pond of Shaktinagar. It was an important aspect to have structure with introduction, content and a good conclusion forming part of them.It helped in improvising answers one wrote in exams as well.

I do not have a good handwriting and I lost touch with the handwriting after class Xth. Whatever good would have remained was lost in the computers and now Whatsapp.

During engineering, there was ample time to explore the KNIT library and Tanda library for reading whatever novels were possible. Preparing for CAT was an add on motivation then.After joining Hell and reading so much stuff to levels that you would have already concluded your thought process by end of 1st para of the case study into a framework.This created an attitude of stereotyoing certain things.This is good in some ways but kills the very creativity at times.

I used to have a bigger canvas to think when I started blogging in 2006.I would write on any topic I felt I should be sharing my views on.With age, all this has gone and being a born spectator has taken over the being.In fact, it should have been the other way with acquired wisdom getting added to the knowledge you have.This would thereby had increased "Vivek" quotient.But then the Rashmi rathi lines of

"Jab naash manuj par chhaata hai,
pehle vivek mar jaata hai"

has taken over for no reason.

I believe there are still loads of new things that have happened since blogging started. We have Quora to answer all the random Questions, Wikipedia to provide inputs on any topic of interest and the ever present Google with the Android Apps avataar to help you at any point of life.

But what has happened in all these years is the time spent on reading and reflection has reduced considerably.Probably that's the reason I really like the Caravan magazine I got hold of last week with a fresh perspective and readable essays on topics of interest.

You are what you read has become an important part of the writer's existence.Will try to read a bit more than I have been doing over the last 5 years.Its a never ending journey and becoming blank on topics where you could talk for ages is something to be frowned upon.

So from now on I will try to write about stuffs I had read or will read.The topics will not be restricted to Philosophy as has been the last few posts but also Gyaan on

  1. Books I read- Probably a synopsis
  2. General Studies as they call in IAS terms
  3. Fiction
  4. Thoughts that come and go :)

Because you do not become a winner by just one stream of thought.A multitude of ideas sometimes describe a part of what you are and still there is so much for imagination.

No comments: