Thursday, June 5, 2008

World Environment Day

Today is World Environment day.
All I remember and can tell about its impact on me are the prizes I used to win in Shaktinagar on this particular topic as well as Energy Conservation.
I think I haven't done even 2 cents for the environment and energy conservation other than that.
Anyways ,things have changed a lot from the cool Shaktinagar days to the crazy Bangalore days and finally some rest @home.
But environment is still a cause of concern. I was watching some serial on discovery titled 'Man and Wild'.Here a man goes to the jungle in Amrika and tries to survive there with whatever is available.He sleeps in a marshy land surrounded with all kinds of things on a bed made of palm leaves.That person is quite afraid of alligators and waits for 1 hour to ensure that there are none, when he is crossing a small lake 10 ft wide on foot.
All this shows the power that nature still has over human beings.But still , its the will and fantasy of the human that rules over our mother Earth.Hope that the power gets its worth some day and all co-exist peacefully for years to come.

No comments: